DETAILED DEFINITIONS OF COVERAGE:
1) FREE LIFETIME MAINTENANCE: Jewelry items must be in perfect, like new or new condition to be eligible for the Preferred Warranty. To keep your warranty valid, you are required to visit your Preferred Jeweler every 6 months to have your jewelry inspected and maintained. Your visit will be notated in the Preferred website database. Customer and retailer will be notified by email 30 days before and again 14 days before your inspection “due date.” Having work done on your item out of the Preferred Network can void your warranty unless authorized by Preferred Headquarters. Please ensure that we have a valid email address on file. Should a warranty show as lapsed, the retailer may then charge the customer to bring the item back into warrantable condition and then be able to update and reinstate the warranty.
2) PREFERRED JEWELERS will replace a natural mined or lab grown, round diamond up to .20ctw at no additional charge to customers. Excluding Fancy Cut and Fancy Color Diamonds and Invisible Set Rings.
3) RESIZING*: After the initial sizing of your ring at purchase, when possible, a Preferred Jeweler will provide re-sizing of your ring 1X per year. Some rings are not sizable, especially if there is a large size difference or if it will compromise the integrity of your ring. *Excluding Eternity Bands and Invisible Set Jewelry.
4) MINOR RE-TIPPING OF PRONGS*: 1 or 2, if required when replacing a diamond. Thorough inspection of all prongs, channel and setting work to assure none of your diamonds move in any way. No diamonds need to be removed.*In the instances where Rhodium is required, a charge will be incurred.
“We highly value the sentiment of your jewelry. This is a limited lifetime warranty.
Your Preferred Jeweler may recommend rebuilding (or reconstructing) your setting, for an additional cost,
to preserve the value and integrity of your jewelry and to be able to maintain your warranty.”
5) INSPECTIONS AND CLEANING: Steam and ultrasonic cleaning will be used to keep your jewelry in pristine condition.
6) TIGHTENING OF DIAMONDS AND GEMS: Preferred recommends and requires that you visit your Preferred retailer every 6 months to have your items microscopically inspected to check for any loose diamonds and perform any necessary adjustments.
7) PREFERRED WARRANTIES are not transferable to another person. Please visit a Preferred Retailer to see if your jewelry is eligible for a new warranty.
* The Free Preferred warranty is a Limited Lifetime Maintenance Warranty. Criteria for issuing a warranty varies by retailer.
Life is unpredictable. In the event you lose your center stone or the entire piece of jewelry, insurance is the best way to have it replaced.
Please make sure you are covered by insurance for those unpredictable moments in life.
Where can I have my jewelry serviced if I move?
Moving? Don't worry about sending your jewelry back to your Preferred Jeweler to be serviced or finding that same excellent service in your new city. Just click on the tab titled Nationwide Presence on our website to locate the nearest Preferred retailer in your new town. They will be happy to help you maintain the beauty and longevity of your jewelry.
What happens if I move to a new location with no Preferred Jeweler near me?
If you happen to move to a new location where there is no Preferred Jeweler near you and you need service, please contact Preferred Headquarters at 888-998-8874 and we will advise you on how to proceed.
What happens if I lose a diamond?
The Nationwide Warranty covers the replacement of any missing diamonds up to 0.20 ctw. If you lose a small diamond, take your item into the nearest Preferred Jeweler with your warranty number or card. They will be able to track your warranty in the Preferred Database. Keeping your warranty up to date and in good standing will assure that your diamonds can be replaced. If your warranty has lapsed you have the option to pay for this repair to bring your item back into pristine condition. Then the warranty can be updated and reinstated and put back in good standing. Insurance is always recomended for your center stone or for larger diamonds or loss.
What happens if your item has withstood major duress, for example if it has been slammed in a door. Is it still eligible for free repairs under the warranty?
Any kind of personal accidental damage to your jewelry would not be covered under the Preferred Warranty ... the warranty states clearly what is covered and hence the requirement for the semi annual inspection to keep your piece in warrantable condition. If this should occur the retailer will charge you to get your jewelry back in warrantable condition and then reinstate the warranty. Insurance coverage is highly recommended.
Can my Preferred warranty be transferred to another person?
No, but if the item is in perfect "like New" condition it may be eligible for a new warranty to be registered to the new owner. Find a Preferred retailer near you to find out what you may need to do to qualify. Call us, we'd be glad to advise you.